Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Little Miss Firecracker


 



What a character, but I think my work is cut out for me! I got a new referral this week, a tiny kindergarten girl with beautiful,long, dark wavy hair and an adorable sprinkling of freckles across her face. Here are some snippets of our first conversation. 

When asking about her brother, she said he was terrible.  I asked what was terrible about him, and she said that he wrestles bears, he goes up in the mountains and fights them. 

She volunteered that she was allergic to a lot of things, so I asked for some examples. With a straight face, she said, "I'm allergic to sharks.  When I get around them, I sneeze."

Early in the conversation, I explained that she had been signed up with me to help her improve her behavior, specifically to follow her teacher's first requests. Asking her if she liked getting in trouble, she said no, and that she was willing to work on spreading sunshine instead of thunderstorms. At the end of our talk, I reiterated the fact that her teacher wanted her to be more cooperative in the classroom and once again asked if she would try to get better at this. While earnestly attending to the picture she was drawing, she said, "You already asked me that." Wish me luck as I work on this teeny little girl with the great big attitude!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anyone can now add comments, so please feel free to do so!